The South House is located near the north-east corner
of the step pyramid, north of the Heb-sed court. It has been totally reconstructed.
It was discovered in 1924. Probably this building, together with the North
House, were used during a particular part of the Heb-sed festival, in which
the king, sovereign of Upper and Lower Egypt, received tributes from the North
and South of the country.
The South House.
Height 60 m
Base 121 x 109 m
Volume 330,400 cu. m
Satellite Pyramids (0)
Queens Pyramids (0)
The South-house with its Khekeru frieze that surmounts
the door lintel, next to which are 2 fluted columns.